Okay, so we all know real estate can be awesome.
Everyone wants to know the fastest, easiest, least expensive ways to make a killing in this business…
…but the education process can take years, and even the most seasoned investors never stop learning.
So how can you tell when YOU are becoming a legitimate “expert” in your real estate niche?
1. You know when someone is dishing out bad advice for beginners.
2. This is how you respond when someone pitches you on a terrible business idea:
“Oh really? Tell me more.”
3. You’ve learned how to identify red flags in new investments and relationships.
4. You can shop at Home Depot without asking for assistance.
5. You know right away when you’ve got a great deal on your hands.
6. You’ve dealt with enough tenants to hear every excuse in the book.
7. People treat you like an authority on the subject.
8. At real estate seminars, you may feel like the only one who isn’t drinking the kool aid.
9. You know when and how to say “No” to a prospect.
10. In crazy market conditions, you may feel like the only person who isn’t losing their mind.
11. You always have a hunch when others are being dishonest.
12. You’re able to find awesome deals that none of your competitors know about.
13. This is how you respond to late-night infomercials.
14. This is NOT how you respond to late-night informercials.
15. This is how it feels to watch your parents research properties on Zillow.
16. You feel rewarded after helping a new investor complete their first deal.
17. This is probably how you responded to housing prices in 2007.
18. You feel a deep sense of sorrow when a good tenant moves away.
19. You know how to get the “tenants from hell” OUT of your property.
20. You’ve learned how to negotiate back and forth between buyers and sellers.
21. You know how to respond when people start stroking your ego.