As real estate investors, we all need to pay close attention to the legal needs that arise when we’re doing business.
Whether you’re trying to form a new entity, close a complicated transaction, get expert legal advice or battle a lawsuit (heaven forbid), this is an undeniably important aspect of your business that you simply cannot ignore.
Dealing with legal issues is a reality that we all have to deal with. Some people try to brush this off for as long as possible, others try to tackle it themselves without any legal help – and others take the time to do it right.
A few weeks ago, I got an email via this blog from Aaron George of Lawkick.com. He explained the basic premise behind his recent start-up company and after hearing an overview about what they do – it made a lot of sense to me (and frankly, sounded like something I could have benefited from a number of times over the past few years).Here’s a quick overview of what they do:
Personally, I thought it was a pretty brilliant business idea because of the way it serves both attorneys and clients (and to my knowledge, this kind of match-making service hasn’t been offered to the world of real estate investors before). Since it seemed like a pretty relevant resource for investors like you and me, I decided to have a brief conversation with Aaron about what his company does and how it can serve the real estate investing community.
In this interview, we cover the following questions:
- What is the premise behind Lawkick? What does your company do and how is your service beneficial for real estate investors?
- Give us the back story about your company. How long have you been around? Where did this idea come from? What areas do you currently serve?
- How does your company earn revenue? Which party are you charging for this kind of “match-making” service?
- Some of my investor friends and colleagues handle their legal needs with services like Legal Shield, Pre-Paid Legal and LegalZoom. What are the pros and cons of using Lawkick over these other services? What does your company offer that other companies don’t?
- Tell us about the cost of using Lawkick. How does it compare to using a typical lawyer (or one of these other subscription-based services)?
- Where do you find these Lawkick lawyers and how do you pre-screen them? What kind of assurance do I have that these people actually know that they’re doing?
- Why would a lawyer want to be part of Lawkick? Help me understand what the primary benefits are for them?
- What kind of geographic area does Lawkick currently serve? Is it only available in certain metro areas? Are there attorneys available in all 50 states?
- Is there anything else you’d like us to know about Lawkick.com?
We all know how frustrating and time-consuming it is to:
a. Stumble through a jungle of complex legal issues without an attorney, and/or
b. Spend hours calling law offices and trying to find the attorney who is best-suited to serve your individual needs (at a price you can afford)
It really doesn’t have to be this complicated. Go and check out Lawkick.com and see what these guys are all about. This is a great resource to be aware of and when the situation arises, it could be exactly the solution you need.
Free Webinar With Seth Williams
You are invited to an exclusive webinar with Seth Williams on Wednesday, October 19 at 8:00pm EDT (5:00 PDT).
Seth will be hosting a live Question & Answer Session addressing some of the most common questions that come in from readers of the REtipster Blog.
In this live webinar, Seth will share some of his best tips, tricks, stories and lessons for running a real estate investing business. You won't want to miss it!
Space is limited, so register now to hold your spot!