As real estate investors, we all need to pay close attention to the legal needs that arise when we’re doing business.
Whether you’re trying to form a new entity, close a complicated transaction, get expert legal advice or battle a lawsuit (heaven forbid), this is an undeniably important aspect of your business that you simply cannot ignore.
Dealing with legal issues is a reality that we all have to deal with. Some people try to brush this off for as long as possible, others try to tackle it themselves without any legal help – and others take the time to do it right.
A few weeks ago, I got an email via this blog from Aaron George of Lawkick.com. He explained the basic premise behind his recent start-up company and after hearing an overview about what they do – it made a lot of sense to me (and frankly, sounded like something I could have benefited from a number of times over the past few years).Here’s a quick overview of what they do:
Personally, I thought it was a pretty brilliant business idea because of the way it serves both attorneys and clients (and to my knowledge, this kind of match-making service hasn’t been offered to the world of real estate investors before). Since it seemed like a pretty relevant resource for investors like you and me, I decided to have a brief conversation with Aaron about what his company does and how it can serve the real estate investing community.
In this interview, we cover the following questions:
- What is the premise behind Lawkick? What does your company do and how is your service beneficial for real estate investors?
- Give us the back story about your company. How long have you been around? Where did this idea come from? What areas do you currently serve?
- How does your company earn revenue? Which party are you charging for this kind of “match-making” service?
- Some of my investor friends and colleagues handle their legal needs with services like Legal Shield, Pre-Paid Legal and LegalZoom. What are the pros and cons of using Lawkick over these other services? What does your company offer that other companies don’t?
- Tell us about the cost of using Lawkick. How does it compare to using a typical lawyer (or one of these other subscription-based services)?
- Where do you find these Lawkick lawyers and how do you pre-screen them? What kind of assurance do I have that these people actually know that they’re doing?
- Why would a lawyer want to be part of Lawkick? Help me understand what the primary benefits are for them?
- What kind of geographic area does Lawkick currently serve? Is it only available in certain metro areas? Are there attorneys available in all 50 states?
- Is there anything else you’d like us to know about Lawkick.com?
We all know how frustrating and time-consuming it is to:
a. Stumble through a jungle of complex legal issues without an attorney, and/or
b. Spend hours calling law offices and trying to find the attorney who is best-suited to serve your individual needs (at a price you can afford)
It really doesn’t have to be this complicated. Go and check out Lawkick.com and see what these guys are all about. This is a great resource to be aware of and when the situation arises, it could be exactly the solution you need.