New Old Member

I've been a Real Estate Investor for about 50 years.

My Answers on Quora have almost 2 Million views, so I guess they have some value, and I hope I can make a contribution here.

I don't know what else I am allowed to say, so I'll just post my BIO.

BIOGRAPHY

Michael Lantrip, Attorney at Law, is licensed to practice law in Texas, North Carolina, Virginia, and the District of Columbia.
He has a B.B.A. in Finance from the University of Houston School of Business, and he has a Juris Doctor (J.D.) in Law from the University of Texas School of Law.
He is admitted to practice Law in all Courts in Texas, North Carolina, Virginia, and the District of Columbia, as well as the U.S. Tax Court, the U.S. Federal District Court, Eastern District of Texas, and the D.C. Court of Appeals.
He is a member of the National Society of Accountants.
He practices in the fields of Tax Law, Real Estate Law, Corporate and Business Law, and Wills, Trusts and Estates.
Formerly a Tax Examiner for the IRS, and a Tax Accountant for a Big 8 Accounting Firm, he has also been a Military Intelligence Analyst, Newspaper Reporter, Radio Announcer, Radio News Director, Television Reporter and Anchorman, and Television Executive News Producer.
As an elected County Attorney, responsible for Criminal Misdemeanor Prosecution, he handled over 2,000 cases.
In addition to 40 years of practicing law, he built one of the first Computerized Abstract Plants, and operated his own Title Insurance Company, becoming an Approved Title Attorney for seven national Title Insurance Underwriters.
He has handled over 2,000 real estate closings.
Prior to his law career, he was a Radio Announcer at WQTE in Detroit during the “Motown” era, and he was a DJ at KIKK in Houston when it was named “Country Music Station of the Year” by Billboard Magazine.
He collects and refurbishes Vintage Audio Equipment.
He has written and produced more than 1,000 half-hour Television Newscasts.
He has written over 700 stories as a Newspaper Reporter.
He has logged over 8,000 hours on the radio.
He is a Lifetime Member of Mensa.
As a Real Estate Investor, his activities have ranged from travel trailers to office buildings, and from on-campus condos to rural land.
He was named a Top Writer by Quora.com, where his Answers have been viewed more than 1,930,000 times.
He has written and published 9 books:
1.) “How To Do A Section 1031 Like Kind Exchange”
2.) “OMNIBUS EDITION How To Do A Section 1031 Like Kind Exchange: Real Estate, NNN, DST, and T-I-C”
3.) “50 Real Estate Investing Calculations”
4.) “Tax Cuts And Jobs Act For Real Estate Investors”
5.) “Your Best Business Entity For Real Estate Investing”
6.) “10 Other Real Estate Investments You Could Do”
7.) “Real Estate Investing Vocabulary of Terms”
8.) “Section 121 Real Estate Investing System”
9.) “Do This, Not That”
All are available in print and digital on Amazon.
My Amazon Author Page is:
www.amazon.com/Michael-Lantrip...
My Quora page is:
www.quora.com/profile/Michael-...
My personal website is MichaelLantrip.com.

Did I mention that I am old? (and still running against the wind)

Hey there @lucky - welcome to the forum! Wow, sounds like you're clearly adding some value over on Quora. :) It's also great to have an attorney in the house.

I look forward to seeing the valuable feedback you can dish out for our audience here on the REtipster forum.

@lucky Thanks, you have already helped me. Thank you for providing your wisdom

@lucky Welcome to the group. Looking forward to hearing your feedback and checking out your Quora page.

Hello Michael. Do you know of any Real Estate attorney that practice in Michigan? It so nice to know that you were here in my hometown during the Motown era. Nice. Lol. Thank you in advance. I am just getting started and would love to know where to look.

@kmorris29 Thanks. I don’t have a contact in that area. But I think Seth knows as much as anyone about the real estate investing community there. Maybe he can direct you.
Michael

@lucky @kmorris29 I know of a few on the western side of the state, but nobody in the Motown area, unfortunately.