Agent Pro 24/7 or DataTree?

Very generic question. Which is better? Do you find that DataTree has more accurate information? About to sign up for their service and want to pick the best option.

@dyer22adam there’s pros and cons to either one, and there’s many others out there too. I used AP247 for about a month then made the switch over to DT and I’ve been with them ever since.

DT is not perfect by any means. I’ve had my fair share of issues with their services. I will say though that DT’s customer support is hands down better than AP247. DT will assign you an account rep that will be your point of contact if you have any questions. They are usually pretty good but I’ve actually been pining my rep with an issue for the last month and a half and they still don’t have an answer for me…

DT also has a much more modern user interface which makes using the tool very intuitive to use.

My main reason for going with DT was that AP247 has the “data dollars” or pay per use pricing option. While that’s convenient at first, I wanted to move away from something that even had that option. I knew that if I signed up with DT’s yearly commitment, especially because it’s more expensive than AP247’s, I would essentially force myself to stick with it because I’m too cheap to let that money go down the drain.

I know that’s not exactly what you were after but hopefully that helps a bit!

They both have free trials too so check that out if you haven’t already.

2 Likes

I have had an AP247 subscription since about 2015 (grandfathered on the no longer available $18/mo. for 1,000 records plan). I have had a DT subscription for about a year. The sad thing is I don’t really use either one for data. I’ve contemplating cancelling the AP247 plan but just don’t want to turn loose of the $18/mo plan. I really like having ST to locate properties, flood plain, nearby sales, etc.

But, since signing up with PRYC.com it is so darn easy to pull records have them scrub them and get a file in a format ready to send to the mail house, I just don’t use the other subscriptions for data unless I fore myself to remember to use them.

All that to say - my 1st choice for data is PRYCD.com, DT would be 2nd.

4 Likes

@karljames Interesting! Thanks for sharing!

I would agree with everything @dvucak said.

I think DataTree’s greatest strength is also its weakness. It gives you A LOT of ways to filter down the data (much more than AP247) but because there are so many options, it opens ups more opportunities to screw things up by selecting filters that don’t compute when combined together… and since it won’t actually tell you which filtering options are causing the problem, you’re on your own to figure out what is causing the problem.

This issue isn’t unique to DataTree - all data services work this way… but because DataTree gives you so many options for sorting your list, it increases your chances of messing it up if you don’t pay attention to the minutiae.

AP247, on the other hand, doesn’t give you nearly as many options to work with, which makes it feel simpler, but it also means you can’t get quite as granular if you really want to.

2 Likes