What is the Absolute Best Home Based Printer for Real Estate Investors (and Why)

Hey Tipsters,

I’m thinking about upgrading my printer and looking for recommendations.

I know @retipsterseth recommends the Brother MFC-8890DW High-Performance All-in-One Laser Printer in the Masterclass (or a modern equivalent) but I wanted to hear from you guys!

What do you think is the best printer for a home-based real estate business?

@karljames @Jessey @Jesse-M @Justinsliva @Sean-Callahan @Tim-Krause @Arturo

@jarenb hi Buddy! I hope you and your amazing Family are doing great!

At the moment I don’t have a printer myself but I use the one available in my Office. It’s a HP LaserJet Pro MFP M227fdw, that i believe can easily fit all the requirements of a small business and (noticeable plus) seems to be quite affordable too :).

Check it here: https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/best-printers-for-small-businesses/.

Cheers!
Arturo

1 Like

Hey man, thanks for reaching out. Not sure why you thought of me to ask but I appreciate it. Anyway, I don’t know about “absolute best” but I use the HP Envy 4520 Wireless All-in-One. It works fine. I couple of things I really like about it that I would recommend for any printer is that it’s wireless and I signed up Instant Ink. Which monitors my paper and ink usage and will send me new ink when I get low. I’ve had a couple problems with getting corrupted cartridges. Meaning for whatever reason they would suddenly stop working. There is a way to override this and HP was always good about sending me a new one free of charge. It was more of an annoyance. That’s about it. Best of luck on your search!

Jesse

3 Likes

Hello Jaren,

I use an HP Color LaserJet Pro Multifunction M479fdw Laser Printer. I like that is laser (fast and non-smear), has two-sided one pass scanning, scans to a folder on my computer.

Toner is a bit expensive (typical for most laser printers).

I’d put it in the business calss versus home office class so it may be a bit over kill but I’ve been very pleased with it.

I had previously used HP brand injet multi function devices and was pleased with them as well but decied to move up to laser forthe speed and quality.

https://www.amazon.com/HP-LaserJet-Multifunction-M479fdw-Next-Business/dp/B07RQB5WJW

3 Likes

@karljames

This looks closer to what I was envisioning in my head.

I’ll take a deeper look at this - thanks!

@jesse-m,

I thought to ask you because to me you’re a very experienced land investor who I respect highly. :wink:

I love the tip on Instant Ink -I’ve never heard of that before.

@arturo,

Thanks so much for the tip!

It looks like you and Karl are pretty much recommending the same printer, except his (the HP Color LaserJet Pro Multifunction M479fdw) is a little bigger and prints in color, whereas yours (the HP LaserJet Pro MFP M227fdw) only prints, “Monochrome”… which I think is a fancy way to say “black and white”.

Source: https://www.google.com/search?q=HP+laserJet+M479fdw+vs.+M227fdw&pcmp=f

Now the question is… is printing in color worth an additional $300 or so?

I’m not sure lol…

@karljames,

Man, looks like you did your research!

Your printer recommendation ranks well across multiple websites I’ve found online.

Oh and by the way, I found this interesting - it appears people are saying toner actually ends up cheaper compared to ink because it lasts longer.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ciyq9v9RSo4

1 Like

@jarenb i confirm. Actually, at least at my stage, I don’t see the advantage of color prints over b/n but i guess it may probably depends on personal preferences and whether or not you feel the need to keep a hard copy of your documents. Of course, as you mentioned, the cost effectiveness needs to be taken into account…

Are you all using these printers lightly (to print off the occasional letter, contract or set of closing docs) or are you using these to print out thousands of letters for your mail marketing?

@amybreen I print everthing on my laser printer - but I am using RocketPrint ot print my thousands of letter for mail out.