What Self-Improvement Book Makes for a Great Gift?

On a few occasions, I've bought books for various people as a sort of "thank you" or "congratulations" gift (almost like a greeting card, but much more useful, because it's a book).

If you were to pick one book that would work well for this purpose, what would you choose? (note: it doesn't have to be business or real estate related)

The ones I've used in the past were:

Obviously, there are MANY books that could work for this, but my choices have always been on topics that were fairly general and could be applied towards a lot of different people and situations.

What would you pick?

Oh boy, where do I start. I'll pick the random 5 I have on my desk, so something like:

The last is a bit quirky, but it's a great book gift as it's more like a piece of art than a book.

2 Likes

A book that has drastically changed my life is " Can't Hurt Me: Master Your Mind and Defy the Odds" by David Goggins. This book really helped to reshape the way I think and to break the mental limits I have unknowingly placed on myself. Goggins is an ex Navy Seal and has accomplished some extraordinary feats in his life, both mental and physical. This book is a no nonsense, blunt wake up call that will assuredly make you take a honest look in the mirror, so to speak. I just bought this book for a birthday present for a friend just a few days ago. I could not recommend this book enough!

1 Like

Some great recommendations here. Try The Art of Possibility by Rosamund and Benjamin Zander. It's always an inspiring read.

1 Like

There are two that I can think of for self improvement.

To help make decisions when not all the facts are known, I believe this one will help you through the process. Best tool provided was using Pre-mortem, which is looking at the desired outcome and everything that would make it fail.

• Thinking in Bets by Annie Duke

When I'm feeling lazy and procrastinating, I recall this one I have on Audible. There is a reoccurring theme, the story line is good and kept me engaged.

• Outwitting the Devil by Napoleon Hill
2 Likes

After all these years, my favorite remains The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.