Anyone offering to accept Crypto Currency as payment for land??

I want to accept crypto as payment for land if buyer is willing. I am still a bit green on the crypto world (3 years new) but I see Fiat Currency going down the tubes. I want to advertise as accepting BTC but dont want to scare off a buyer as many people see it as a negative. Any thoughts or input would be much appreciated!

I don't but I recall being featured on Paul Lizell's "Flipping Out" podcast, and I believe he talked about crypto quite a bit after our recording. He may be a good source to get some information from.

Here's his site/podcast show:
https://thevirtualinvestor.co/

1 Like

I dont think people will see it as a negative if you offer other options besides BTC. You could state that you accept multiple payment options but bitcoin/crypto is preferred. There are websites like coinbase, bitpay, etc. that can make using bitcoin and other cryptos a bit easier for both the buyer and the seller. Can provide more of a "papertrail" if that's what the buyer wants in order to feel comfortable with the transaction.

1 Like

My two cents (as I'm also very green on the crypto world), I wouldn't be spooked if I saw any references to accepting BitCoin... as it's a pretty well-known thing by now (not like an e-currency that someone just made up last night)... but I also wouldn't use it. Not sure how much effort it would take to set up your systems so you can simply accept it as a payment, but before you put a ton of work into it, you might want to figure out how much demand there is to pay with that kind of currency.

On another note, even if you dont find any buyers that will pay with crypto you can/could always convert the sale proceeds into crypto fairly quickly and easily. So that's another option

1 Like

Some currencies are unstable and, in comparison with the money we are used to, seem very risky. I would love to participate in something like that, as the idea is really interesting. Bitcoin is not the most stable rate and you may lose money if its value drops at one point. I have no doubt that earning a few bitcoins is cool, but there are other ways to get it. I spend several hours a day and earn $ 200 which are transferred to my account in the form of bitcoins. I plan to buy myself a new car in a few months and continue to earn money for summer vacations!

@bartik said:

Some currencies are unstable and, in comparison with the money we are used to, seem very risky. I would love to participate in something like that, as the idea is really interesting. Bitcoin is not the most stable rate and you may lose money if its value drops at one point. I have no doubt that earning a few bitcoins is cool, but there are other ways to get it. I spend several hours a day and earn $ 200 which are transferred to my account in the form of bitcoins. I plan to buy myself a new car in a few months and continue to earn money for summer vacations!

Could you tell me some more information about it? Let’s talk in PM

I think Fabrica has an option to accept crypto? Know anything on this Seth Williams?

@jessey
found a source to accept crypto as payment
but haven’t chatted with the guy yet
just some FYI for anyone who asks about this as I see
more institutional CORPS coming in to crypto.
rep is
Joe Castro
https://net-cents.com/
castroATcryptopaymentacceptanceDOTcom
786-463-4128

@clee777 I see no reason why people may see it as negative, although potential buyers might not want to engage in it if they are not very familiar with cryptocurrency. but I think you should try to give your buyers more choice of payment, that would be better.

I actually am working on a project now to sell land using Etherium… its a bit more complex than that- essentially creating a way to transfer title electronically as well. But my goal is to move the first one by june.

1 Like

The payment methods you can use depend on the billing country and what you are buying. Whenever you make a purchase, you will see the available payment methods on the checkout page or in the invoice-just select the billing country and take a look.