Below is the actual instructions template I used a couple weeks ago for a self-closing purchase facilitated by a mobile notary in the DFW area. When I reach out to a mobile notary to engage their services I will include a draft of this in my e-mail asking if they can provide the services, and at what cost, so they see exactly what I am asking them to do. i typically send the docs to the notary in a USPS Flat Rate Priority Mail Envelope (w/tracking # affixed) and include a postage paid USPS Flat Rate Priority Mail Envelope (w/tracking # affixed) addressed to me for the return of the documents so I can track them both ways - adds about $15 total to my costs.
Seller Primary Contact:
Documents requiring action are in “Action Needed” folder. Copies for the Seller, which require no
action, are in the “Copies” folder. Please contact the Seller and arrange a mutually agreeable place and to complete the services within the next [xx] days.
Send items #1, #2, and a receipt for your services back to me.
Documents for Action:
1. Deed - Have BOTH Sellers date and sign where indicated on the deed. Complete the Notary/Acknowledgement section and notarize. A copy for each Seller is in the ‘Copies” folder. Sellers do not need to sign their copy. If either or both of the Sellers is unable, or unwilling, to sign and have the Deed notarized - do not give the Sellers the Cashier’s Check from #3, below. Instead tell Sellers you cannot complete the transaction at this time. Retain all documents and call me when convenient. I will pay for the unsuccessful attempt. And I will pay you again if I am able to resolve and reschedule with Sellers.
2. Receipt and Tax Reporting Acknowledgment - Have BOTH Sellers date and sign where indicated. Do not notarized it. A copy for each Seller is in the ‘Copies” folder. Sellers do not need to sign their copy.
3. Cashier's check payable to Sellers - Give to Sellers only after BOTH Sellers complete steps #1 and #2 above.
4. Check for $XX for your services - For you to keep.
5. Postage-paid envelope to return items #1, #2, AND a receipt for your services to me.
(Your Name Hear)
(Your phone / text # here so notary doesn't have to look for it if they have any questions / issues)
(Your e-mail here)