FreedomVoice vs OpenPhone: Which is Better?
gcohen Gerry Cohen last edited by retipsterseth
Who is using OpenPhone? What are the differences from FreedomVoice? Is OpenPhone better suited for land investors?
Gerry Cohen I've never heard of OpenPhone... but it looks like the price is pretty similar to FV, so that's a plus.
Some of the things I would look closely at are the following:
- Is there a mobile app available? If so, is it rated 4 stars or higher?
- Can you set up multiple numbers (including toll-free numbers) under one account?
- Can you send AND receive faxes?
- Can you send AND receive texts?
- Can you set up extensions?
- Can you forward calls to any other number?
- Can you set up answering rules and hours of operation?
There are a lot of other bells and whistles that may or may not be available, but those are most of the biggies I would look for.
My biggest problem with FreedomVoice was their outdated interface, which felt really clunky and old. I really liked the price and functionality of it, but it looked like the thing hadn't been refreshed in at least a decade. This isn't necessarily a problem if you just use it for forwarding calls or taking voicemails (because you'll rarely have to get into it anyway), but it all depends on a person's business.
Gerry Cohen I am getting started this year as well. After looking at them all I think I am going to try OpenPhone as well. Let me know how your experience goes!