Effective Date: May 2, 2022
- General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) means the European Union (“EU”) law on data protection and privacy applicable to individuals within the EU.
- Personal Data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
- Registered User means individuals who subscribe to our mailing list or purchase items from the REtipster store, or register to participate in one of our online forums.
- User(s) means individuals who visit and browse the Website and also includes a Registered User.
- You/Your means User(s).
Types of Personal Data We Collect REtipster collects the following Personal Data from all Registered Users who subscribe to REtipster or purchase items from the REtipster store:
- First name;
- Last name;
- Email address;
- Website (optional);
- Any other information that you upload or submit to the Website directly or indirectly, including credit card information.
In addition, REtipster collects the following Personal Data from all Users:
- Your geolocation;
- Your IP address;
- Your browser and search engine information;
- Your device information;
- Your visitor history;
- Your usage of the Website, including, without limitation, any links or items clicked or pages viewed and statistics;
- Information stored in cookies, pixel tags, or web beacons;
- Analytical data from Google Analytics and/or Google AdSense; and
- Any other additional information or analytic data that you voluntarily submit to the Website.
Cookies & Similar Technologies.
The table below sets out how we use different categories of cookies and similar technologies, as well as information on your options for managing the settings for the data collection by these technologies. Please understand that if you block, delete, or opt-out of cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of our Website.
|Type of Cookie||Description||Managing Settings|
|Required Cookies (Strictly Necessary)||Required – or strictly necessary – cookies enable you to navigate the Website and use its features.||Because required cookies are essential to operating the Website there is no option to opt out of these cookies.|
|Functional Cookies (Non-Strictly Necessary)||Functional – or non-strictly necessary cookies – allow us to remember information you have entered or choices you make, and provide enhanced, more personal features.
We use Google Analytics to help us analyze how our Website is used, including whether a User is new or returning, the number of Users visiting the Website, where the website Users have come from, what pages Users visit and for how long, and most exited Website pages, as well as the User’s type of operating device, operating system, and browser. . This information is used by us to improve our Website.
We use Facebook Pixel for tracking User interactions with the Website.
We use One Signal for tracking User’s preferences
We use WordPress Core to track user sessions that allow Registered Users to log in and stay logged in.
We use Drip to determine whether or not a User is on our email list and which marketing message to display based upon emails received and pages visited on the Website, among other uses.
|To manage the use of functional cookies on the Website, please consult your individual browser settings for cookies. Note that opting out may impact the functionality you receive when using our Website.
To learn more about safeguarding your data for websites using Google Analytics, visit here. To opt of our data collection by Google Analytics, you can download and install a Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on here.
You learn more about Facebook Pixel and how you may opt-out visit here.
You learn more about One Signal and how you may opt-out visit here.
To request an opt-out of WordPress Core features on the Website, please contact us at email@example.com.
You can opt out of Drip cookies and communications by selecting the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of any e-mail correspondences received.
You can also adjust your individual browser settings relating to cookies by visiting these pages:
For other browsers not listed, please consult the documentation that your browser manufacturer provides.
|Targeting or Advertising Cookies (Non-Strictly Necessary)||We use Google Webmaster Tools and Google Analytics to log when users view specific pages or take specific actions on or getting to the Website. Google Analytics specifically allows us to provide targeted advertising in the future.
We may also use Google AdWords as a tool to acquire relevant new clients who are looking for our service and Google AdSense to show our clients other relevant advertising that may assist them while they are using our site.
We also use Mediavine for displaying ads on Website article pages.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising (Ver 1.0)
The Website works with Mediavine to manage third-party interest-based advertising appearing on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file that is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website.
First-party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons, and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notifications of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies, and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at https://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
Without cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site. In the event you opt out, you will still see non-personalized advertisements on the Website.
The Website collects the following data using a cookie when serving personalized ads:
- IP Address
- Operating System type
- Operating System version
- Device Type
- Language of the website
- Web browser type
- Email (in hashed form)
Mediavine Partners (companies listed below with whom Mediavine shares data) may also use this data to link to other end-user information the partner has independently collected to deliver targeted advertisements. Mediavine Partners may also separately collect data about end-users from other sources, such as advertising IDs or pixels, and link that data to data collected from Mediavine publishers in order to provide interest-based advertising across your online experience, including devices, browsers, and apps. This data includes usage data, cookie information, device information, information about interactions between users and advertisements and websites, geolocation data, traffic data, and information about a visitor’s referral source to a particular website. Mediavine Partners may also create unique IDs to create audience segments, which are used to provide targeted advertising.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit Opt Out – NAI: Network Advertising Initiative. You may also visit http://optout.aboutads.info/#/ and http://optout.networkadvertising.org/# to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at YourAdChoices.com | AppChoices to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt-out.
For specific information about Mediavine Partners, the data each collects and their data collection and privacy policies, please click here.
Lawful Basis for Processing Your Personal Data
The lawful basis for us processing your Personal Data for the uses described above will typically be because you have provided your consent; it is necessary for our contractual relationship; the processing is required for us to comply with legal obligations; and/or the processing is in our legitimate interest of providing you information about real estate investing and our other services.
How REtipster Uses Your Personal Data.
We use your Personal Data based on your consent to provide you with the Website, process any requests made by you, communicate with you, identify and fix problems with the Website, communicate with you, and update you regarding changes to the Website and the REtipster and third-party services offered through the Website.
By using the Website, you further authorize the following specific uses of your Personal Data:
- Enable your use of the Website and its associated services;
- Improve algorithms;
- Measure service usage;
- Develop new features;
- Contact and communicate with you, whether through email, telephone, text message, and/or messages within the Website;
- Customize and/or tailor the Website and your user experience, which may include targeted selection and display of third party advertisements within the Website;
- Aggregate certain information that does not include your personal information and disclose it for analysis, demographic profiling and/or targeted advertising;
- Advertise products and services of REtipster;
- Transmit and process your information and actions within the Website;
- Provide statistical information, and include you in the same, where applicable;
- Provide you with technical service and support, including updates;
- Provide you with information concerning REtipster’s benefits or services;
- Store, archive, retrieve, and make copies of your user-generated content;
- Understand your needs and requests;
- Communicate promotions or other offers;
- Process payments;
- Combine your personal and personally identifiable information with information from other REtipster applications and/or services; and
- Facilitate your use of the Website and upgrades/replacements to the Website.
Sharing of Your Personal Data.
REtipster Shares Your Personal Data with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Where REtipster has obtained your consent;
- Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Data is necessary to provide you with the Website, and/or associated services (We may share your personal or personally identifiable information with trusted third parties who assist us in operating the Website, providing the associated services, and conducting our business);
- Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Data is necessary pursuant to a campaign with Google, Facebook, and/or Instagram;
- Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Data is necessary to share personal or personally identifiable information with REtipster’ parents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns, licensees, affiliates, or business partners;
- Where REtipster has been purchased by a third party;
- Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Data is necessary to respond to requests by government authorities;
- Where your Personal Data is demanded by a court order or subpoena;
- Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Data is needed to protect the employees, independent contractors, officers, directors, members, users, or owners/shareholders of REtipster;
- Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Data is needed to help prevent fraud or the violation of any applicable law, statute, regulation, ordinance, or treaty; and
- Where REtipster is otherwise legally obligated to share your personal or personally identifiable information.
REtipster Shares Your Personal Data With the Following Third-Parties:
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising
For information regarding data collection by Mediavine ad partners including how to opt-out of data collection, please click here.
No Liability Third-Party Services and Third-Party Links.
The third-party service providers affiliated with REtipster have their own independent privacy policies governing the use of your Personal Data pursuant to the GDPR and we encourage you to read those privacy policies carefully. You understand that even if REtipster deletes your Personal Data that it may still be available in a third-party service provider’s database. REtipster has no responsibility or liability for the Personal Data collection, use, or storage activities of the third-party services providers used by REtipster to provide you with the services associated with the Website.
REtipster may include or offer third-party products or services on the Website and provide third-party links to the same. These third-party websites have separate and independent privacy policies. REtipster has no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of such third parties or their websites. We encourage you to read carefully the privacy policies of all such third-party websites. We seek to protect the integrity of the Website and therefore welcome any feedback about any such third-party websites.
Personal Data Transfer and Storage.
Your Personal Data is stored and processed on computers and servers in the United States and through your use of the Website, you consent to the processing and storage of your Personal Data and personally identifiable information. You understand that your Personal Data may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide Personal Data to us, please note that we transfer your Personal Data to the United States and process it here, and that we may store portions of your Personal Data in the United States.
Website Users understand and agree that if they provide REtipster with Personal Data that it is stored indefinitely, unless the User contacts REtipster to have their Personal Data removed from storage.
Personal Data Security.
REtipster uses standard technology to store and help prevent against the unauthorized disclosure of your Personal Data. Though we undertake commercially reasonable efforts to protect your information, no website, software, or online service is completely safe. Accordingly, you provide all such information at your own risk.
In order to protect your Personal Data, REtipster uses specific security measures, such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol, which encrypts information you input to at least 128-bit strength. This is denoted in most web browsers by a small padlock appearing on the bottom bar of the window and the address of the window changing from http:// to https://, indicating a secure connection.
EU Users’ Rights Under the GDPR.
The GDPR provides Users located in the EU under its protection certain rights with respect to their Personal Data collected by us on the Website. Accordingly, REtipster recognizes and will comply with the GDPR and those rights, except as limited by applicable law. The rights under the GDPR include:
- Right of Access: This includes the right to obtain from us your Personal Data and whether it is being processed, along with the purposes of the processing; categories of Personal Data concerned; recipients to whom your Personal Data has been disclosed; the period for which your Personal Data is being stored; and the right to lodge a complaint.
- Right of Rectification: This includes the right to correct inaccurate Personal Data collected and/or stored by us.
- Right of Erasure (“Right to be Forgotten”): This includes the right to have your Personal Data deleted. However, if applicable law requires us to comply with your request to delete information, fulfilment of your request may prevent you from using our services and may result in closing your account.
- Right to Restriction of Processing: This includes the right to request restriction of how and why your Personal Data is used or processed by us.
- Right to Data Portability: This includes the right to receive your Personal Data in a structure, readable format and the right to have your Personal Data transferred.
- Right to Object: This includes the right to object to us processing your Personal Data for reasons such as direct marketing purposes and for scientific or historical research or statistical purposes.
- Right to not be Subject to Automated Decision-Making: This includes the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, that could have a legal, or similarly significant, effect on you from being made solely based on automated processes.
Purchase or Sale of the Website or Other Assets.
How To Stop REtipster from collecting your Personal Data.
You can stop REtipster from collecting your Personal Data by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting that REtipster stop collecting your Personal Data. Additionally, you can adjust your web browser settings to limit or turn off Cookies or other tracking techniques, or you can cease use of the Website. You may contact REtipster with any requests regarding your Personal Data. REtipster also honors Do Not Track requests and signals. You may also elect to stop receiving communications from our e-mail subscription list by selecting “unsubscribe” at the bottom of our e-mails.
When using the Website, you are obligated to inform REtipster of any changes to your Personal Data.
Under the CCPA, California Users have the following rights:
- Right of Access to Personal Information: You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months, including the type of Personal Information collected about you, the sources of Personal Information, and the third parties with whom we share that Personal Information.
- Right to Have Personal Information Deleted: You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained.
- Right to Request that Personal Information not be Sold: We do not sell Personal Information, but still allow Users to request that their Personal Information not be sold.
- Right to Non-Discrimination: We shall not discriminate against California Users for exercising their rights under the CCPA.
To exercise your rights under the CCPA, you may submit a request by contacting us at the address below.
Under California’s “Shine the Light Law,” California residents have the right to receive information that identifies any third-party companies or individuals that we have shared your Personal Information with in the previous calendar year, as well as a description of the categories of Personal Information disclosed to that third party. You may obtain this information once a year and free of charge by contacting us at the address below.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Policy.
The Website is not intended for or directed to users under the age of 18, and REtipster does not knowingly or intentionally collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13 or other minors. Where appropriate, REtipster takes reasonable measures to determine that users are adults of legal age and to inform minors not to submit such information to the Website or in response to advertisements. If you are concerned that Personal Data may have been inadvertently provided to or collected by REtipster, please contact us immediately so appropriate steps may be taken to remove such information from REtipster’s database.
Contact and Notices.
REtipster Publishing LLC
5355 Northland Dr. NE, Suite 132
Grand Rapids, MI 49525