Your first Liability!?

For those of you that have had mild+ success, what was the FIRST “toy” you bought?! Overpriced guitar? Dirt bike? Second car? Trip around Europe?! Etc.. not necessarily something you can make money on, just a fun hobby or passion, but basically in Kiyosaki terms.. a liability.

Me? I bought a cheap little dirt bike (pit bike) to cruise around the neighborhood and terrorize my neighbors! Why do we work so hard?! So we can ride dirt bikes when we’re 60 and retired?! No! Lol. Let me know what y’all did!

New F150 Lariat

3 Likes

Upgraded her wedding ring

3 Likes

I bought a 200x dirtbike a few months ago. Personally I love to travel and take my kids or wife on nice trips. Planning a 2 continent trip for 6 weeks that includes disney for the end of this year. Gonna need to sell a couple more properties though.

2 Likes

Most of my splurges in the early days were related to camera gear or computer stuff (things I could definitely use in my real estate business, but weren't limited to ONLY the real estate business).

Even today, I'm always amazed at how nice it is to have the resources to cover our needs (and some wants). :)

Whenever we have to replace a major home appliance, buy a car or cover some other HUGE unplanned expense (the kind of thing that used to stress me out in my W2 days), we don't have to mess around with financing, we don't have to dig into any emergency funds or mess up our whole year's budget. The money is just there.

That kind of thing was never possible until my land business came into the picture.

3 Likes

Alright @karljames @JustinM @jawollbrink @AFlanagan - I think this thread needs some pictures!

1 Like

My nephew and I on the beach just rippin it together!

1 Like

I've gone through several of these over the years (so this isn't my "first" one), but here's what I've got now.

2 Likes

I went on a cruise with my girlfriend at the time (now wife). Woulda taken me 4ever to save up for that trip if real estate hadn’t paid our way.