We’re into real estate investing. We’re also into keeping it real.
Our goal is to feature products and services we think you’ll find useful. Some of the links in this article may help to financially support this website, but the real-world guidance is all REtipster.
Earlier this year, I decided to get into the coffee farming business through a company called International Coffee Farms.
Of all the things in the world – why a coffee farm??
There are a lot of reasons (most of which I explore in this blog post), but to sum it up in a few bullet points…
- The money I invest with a company like ICFC goes to create fair-paying, socially and environmentally sustainable jobs for the local farmers in Boquete, Panama.
- Aside from the upfront investment, owning a coffee farm requires literally nothing from me. I just sit there and get paid each year, for as long as I own the property and the farming operation produces a harvest.
- There are literally no ongoing expenses to pay (no maintenance, no upkeep, no property taxes, no mortgage payments – zero). Any ongoing costs are covered by the revenue generated by the farming operation.
- This investment is not tied to the US real estate market or economy. Even if the US economy takes a nosedive tomorrow, there is constant, ongoing demand for coffee around the world, which makes it easier to forecast the supply and demand for decades into the future.
- The property is titled in my name. This isn’t part of some REIT, I literally own it.
- I can also benefit from the appreciation of the farmland (though in my mind, this is more of a side benefit. I wouldn’t buy this kind of property solely because of the appreciation I hope to gain).
- I chose to title my properties in the name of my self-directed Roth IRA, which means all of my income will be tax-free (which is kind of a huge deal).
In this episode of the REtipster Podcast, we sit down with David Sewell, the Founder of the International Coffee Farms, to discuss all the details on how this investment opportunity works, why it makes sense, and what type of investors it might appeal to.
Links and Resources
- How to Get Started Investing with ICFC <—REtipster Affiliate Link
- International Coffee Farms
- Belize Cacao Consortium
- I Just Bought a Coffee Farm in Panama. Here’s Why…
- Get Rich Education with Keith Weinhold
- AgroNosotros Facebook Page
- International Coffee Farms Facebook Page
- Mahogany Chocolate Facebook Page
- AgroNosotros on Instagram
- International Coffee Farms on Instagram
- Mahogany Chocolate on Instagram
Want to come with us on our next trip to Panama? Submit your email address here and we’ll let you know when we go!
Thanks for Listening!
Share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comments section below.
- Share this episode on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn (social sharing buttons below!)
Help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes Your ratings and reviews really help (and I read each one).
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Subscribe on Stitcher
Thanks again for joining me this week. Until next time!
Need Help Finding Real Estate Deals?
One of the most important skills every real estate investor needs to learn is how to find great real estate deals. This is the bedrock of every successful real estate business.
I struggled for years to figure this out, but when I finally did - everything changed. The ability to find super-profitable deals consistently is a milestone that made all the difference to me, just like it can for you.
If you need help finding better deals - you need to know about The Beginner's Deal Finding Guide. This is a premium course from REtipster, all about getting you intimately familiar with the multitude of ways you can find incredible deals on any type of property in any market conditions.
We'll show you the essentials you need to know so you can put together your action plan and start finding deals today. Come check it out!