In this episode, I’m talking with my friend Dustin Heiner.
Dustin’s area of expertise is rental properties – the bread & butter most real estate investors aspire to work with at some point in their career.
Right now, rental property prices are really, really high – in some markets, they’re higher than they’ve even been before, which makes it particularly challenging for real estate investors who actually want to find a good deal and continue expanding their business.
What are we supposed to do when deals are so much harder to find? Where do we look? What’s the best acquisition strategy for finding the lowest-hanging fruit?
In this interview, Dustin is going to walk me through his standard process for finding deals on rentals. We’re going to talk about where to start, what to look for in a market, what tools are most useful for doing this, how to know when you’re looking at a good deal, and how to find a great property manager that will make this business scalable.
We’re going to cover a ton of ground in this one!
Links and Resources
- MasterPassiveIncome.com (Dustin’s website)
- The Good and Bad About Investing in Cheap Rental Properties
- How to Start Investing in Real Estate
- Dustin’s Zillow Tutorial
- Dustin’s Free Course
- Blog Post: Finding the Right Property Management Company
- Calculator: Cash On Cash Return – What it is, Why it Matters and How to Calculate It
- REtipster Podcast Episode 038: The Most Misunderstood Facts About Property Management
Share Your Thoughts
- Leave your thoughts about this episode on the REtipster forum!
- Share this episode on Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn (social sharing buttons below!)
Help out the show!
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts Your ratings and reviews really help (and I read each one).
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe on Spotify
- Subscribe on Stitcher
Thanks again for listening!