In this episode, I’m talking with my friend Dustin Heiner.
Dustin’s area of expertise is rental properties – the bread & butter most real estate investors aspire to work with at some point in their career.
Right now, rental property prices are really, really high – in some markets, they’re higher than they’ve even been before, which makes it particularly challenging for real estate investors who actually want to find a good deal and continue expanding their business.
What are we supposed to do when deals are so much harder to find? Where do we look? What’s the best acquisition strategy for finding the lowest-hanging fruit?
In this interview, Dustin is going to walk me through his standard process for finding deals on rentals. We’re going to talk about where to start, what to look for in a market, what tools are most useful for doing this, how to know when you’re looking at a good deal, and how to find a great property manager that will make this business scalable.
We’re going to cover a ton of ground in this one!
Links and Resources
- MasterPassiveIncome.com (Dustin’s website)
- The Good and Bad About Investing in Cheap Rental Properties
- Dustin’s Zillow Tutorial
- Dustin’s Free Course
- Blog Post: Finding the Right Property Management Company
- Calculator: Cash On Cash Return – What it is, Why it Matters and How to Calculate It
- REtipster Podcast Episode 038: The Most Misunderstood Facts About Property Management
Thanks for Listening!
Share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comments section below.
- Share this episode on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn (social sharing buttons below!)
Help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts Your ratings and reviews really help (and I read each one).
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe on Spotify
- Subscribe on Stitcher
Thanks again for joining me this week. Until next time!
The Best Real Estate Investing Strategy I’ve Found
Land investing (that's right, buying and selling vacant land) is a massive opportunity that most investors aren't paying attention to. For the few land investors who know how to pursue this business with the right acquisition strategy, it's an extremely lucrative and low-risk way to build serious wealth from real estate.
If you want to get the inside scoop on how to start and run your own land investing business, come and check out the REtipster Club – where I've put together a full 12-module course with dozens of videos, bonuses, downloads, group coaching sessions and a members-only forum (where we spend time answering questions every week). There is no better place to learn this business from the inside out!