We’re into real estate investing. We’re also into keeping it real.
Our goal is to feature products and services we think you’ll find useful. Some of the links in this article may help to financially support this website, but the real-world guidance is all REtipster.
There is one vitally important aspect of the real estate investing business that will always be relevant:
Your ability to find buyers.
Finding buyers is paramount to your success in real estate.
While it’s true, buying a property at the right price is probably the most important part of the equation – you’re never going to realize those gains until you actually get the darn thing sold.
Luckily there are MANY different ways to do this. If you’ve been trying to sell your property and you’re feeling stuck, here are some ideas that may help you generate more interest:
Conventional “Old School” Methods
1. List Your Property with a Real Estate Agent.
2. List Your Property in a Classified Newspaper Ad.
3. Put a “For Sale” sign in the yard (I realize this may sound obvious, but you wouldn’t believe how many properties I’ve bought from people who didn’t even think to take this one simple action).
Free Internet Marketing Ideas
4. Create your own website and list your property for the world to see.
5. Zillow’s For Sale By Owner service, which reaches millions of buyers all over the world.
6. Upload your property information to any one of these free real estate listing websites.
Bonus: Get a FREE copy of the INVESTOR HACKS ebook when you subscribe!
Free Subscriber Toolbox
Want to learn about the tools I’ve used to make over $40,000 per deal? Get immediate access to videos, guides, downloads, and more resources for real estate investing domination. Sign up below for free and get access forever.
7. Post your property for sale on Craigslist.
8. Post your property for sale on the Facebook Marketplace (or in any local buy/sell groups).
9. Create a squeeze page, start building a Buyers List and market your properties to them on a consistent basis.
Paid Internet Marketing Ideas
10. Set up an auction on eBay to list and sell your property.
11. Create a selling website with Lead Propeller and show off your listings to the world.
12. Build a selling platform with Investor Carrot and create an online showroom for your properties.
13. List your property for sale on the MLS via Fizber.
14. Create a professional-looking ad on Vflyer and show people you’re serious about doing business.
15. Advertise your listing website with Pay Per Click mediums like Google Adwords.
16. Create Banner Ads and pay for direct advertising on relevant websites.
Harness the Power of Networking
19. Use the BiggerPockets Marketplace.
20. Join Connected Investors and let others know about your property.
21. Talk to some property management companies in your area. These people work with dozens of hungry investors and have tons of local connections.
22. Talk to your title company and/or closing attorney. See if they know of any buyers who are actively looking for new investment properties.
23. Bring coffee & donuts into your local realtor’s office. Tell the entire team that you’ll pay them a referral fee for any buyers they can send your way (that actually result in a sale).
24. Make connections with some of the other sellers in your area. Leverage their networks to find buyers for your properties.
25. Talk to some building inspectors – they often deal with some of the highest volume buyers and sellers in your market.
26. Talk to some appraisers. They will know some of the biggest names in the business and which investors are currently buying properties.
27. “Reverse Bird Dogging.” Call some of the well-known investors in your market. Give them your personal attention, tell them that you have some great opportunities and that you’ve been thinking specifically about them (with regard to the property you’re trying to sell).
28. Search Craigslist for “We Buy Houses” listings. You should be able to find other wholesalers in your area that you can network with (these people have connections with a lot of local buyers – and the serious wholesalers are good people to know).
29. Join a local REIA club and announce your property to all of the investors who attend.
30. Call other Real Estate Agents and ask if they know of any cash buyers.
31. Talk to some Mortgage Brokers and use their various buyer connections in your market.
33. Call some local home builders and see if they are looking for any rehab opportunities or new construction projects.
34. Visit some real estate auctions (tax sales, foreclosure auctions, etc). These places tend to be saturated with cash buyers. Tell them about your properties for sale. You could have buyers lining up to buy your property if you’re actually offering a good deal.
Creative Marketing Strategies
35. Use an easy video marketing tool like Lumen5 to showcase your property for sale.
36. Send out Neighbor Letters to the surrounding property owners.
37. Magnetic signs and window stickers for your car. Wherever you drive, let people know you’ve got some great deals available.
38. Place Bandit Signs in several areas around town.
39. Post your business cards and/or brochures on some local bulletin boards (restaurants, salons, college campuses, schools, etc.).
40. Post some targeted flyers on college campuses. Keep in mind, these will be seen by graduating students, college professors and other landlords who are posting their properties for rent. These boards are seen by several potential buyers who will be passing through on a regular basis.
41. Distribute flyers wherever your buyers congregate (REIAs, RE seminars, Chambers of Commerce, Trade Shows, etc.)
42. Let the world know about your properties through public speaking engagements.
43. Raffle your property (note: this one has all kinds of legal issues to consider, so check with an attorney in your area before doing this).
44. Offer Seller Financing on the property you’re trying to sell (this will open up the door for MANY more buyers).
45. Create a 1-page property prospectus report and send it to some key individuals on your buyers list or hand them out to other investors at your local REIA.
46. Google “We Buy Houses” and then “Your City” to find property buyers in your area.
47. Search “Real Estate Investor” on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn to find anyone in your area who has this listed as their job title. Contact them and ask if they’re interested in a property like yours.
49. Generate a list of all the properties in your area that have sold for cash over the past 6 – 24 months (like this). From this list, run a direct mail campaign and contact them. Let these people know that you have some great deals on real estate and that you’re looking for investors who want to buy them for cash.
50. Keep an eye out for the “For Rent” signs in your area. Reach out to these owners with a simple letter or phone call. They usually have more than one investment property and might be looking to purchase more.
Need Help Finding Real Estate Deals?
One of the most important skills every real estate investor needs to learn is how to find great real estate deals. This is the bedrock of every successful real estate business.
I struggled for years to figure this out, but when I finally did - everything changed. The ability to find super-profitable deals consistently is a milestone that made all the difference to me, just like it can for you.
If you need help finding better deals - you need to know about The Beginner's Deal Finding Guide. This is a premium course from REtipster, all about getting you intimately familiar with the multitude of ways you can find incredible deals on any type of property in any market conditions.
We'll show you the essentials you need to know so you can put together your action plan and start finding deals today. Come check it out!